The six steps or methods
of building the Antahkarana.
- The achieving of right orientation
Towards the soul
Towards the Spiritual Triad.
- A mental understanding of the work to be done is
- A ring-pass-not of consciously gathered energies
must be created and held in a state of tension.
- A period of clear thinking anent this process of
Intention must be attempted.
- Then follows the preservation of a point of
- The use of the creative imagination or the
- Response to intuitional or buddhic
- Preoccupation with two energies:
The energy held at a point of tension within the previously created
The active picture-forming energy brought into action by the mind of the
- The calling in of the will through the method
appropriate to the Ray of the disciple, the soul ray.
- The simultaneous preservation of three lines of
Awareness of the blended personality and soul.
Awareness of the point of focused tension.
Awareness of the Ray energy in its will aspect.
- The use of one or other of the seven Ray methods
of projection, according to the Ray of the disciple.
- The use of a Word of Power.
- The blended soul and personality are now
invocative, and their united intention is expressed in the previous three
- Then a response comes from the Spiritual Triad,
which that intention, propelled by an act of will from a point of tension
This is brought about by long patient use of the four previous processes
and followed by a conscious use of the antahkarana.
This is the rising up of the consciousness out of soul and personality
limitations (from the angle of the Monad) and its passing into that of the
(from Alice Bailey)